CALIFORNIA CONTRACTORS LICENSE BONDS
Claim Reporting Information
A claimant may notify Western National Mutual Insurance Company's Surety Claims Department of a potential claim against a California Contractors License Bond by regular mail. However, if you would like to discuss your claim with a representative who can assist you with the process, please call (626) 817-9100 Ext. 502.
To submit a claim against a California Contractors License Bond, please follow the instructions below:
- Download, fully complete, and sign the appropriate Claims Questionnaire. Please note, there are separate questionnaires designed for property owners, suppliers, and subcontractors of individuals who have wage claims.
- Make copies of all supporting documentation, including:
- Any judgment that is applicable to your bond claim
- Contracts and/or subcontracts
- Cancelled checks
- Correspondence, including letters, emails, and text messages
- Photographs, along with descriptions of the incomplete or improper work
- Any other documentation you believe will support your claim
Please note: It is not possible to submit a valid claim with a telephone call, and email is not available for submitting an initial claim. A well-documented claim can be lengthy, and mailing it in is the fastest way for us to begin working on your claim. If you wish to confirm that we have received your claim, we would suggest that you send it by certified or express mail. You should receive a response within 7 to 10 business days after mailing your claim.
General or Prime Contractor Claim Questionnaire (PDF)
Property Owner Claim Questionnaire (PDF)
Subcontractor or Material Supplier Claim Questionnaire (PDF)
Wage Earner Claim Questionnaire (PDF)
Claim Contact Information
Western National Mutual Insurance Company
Attn: Surety Claims Department
4700 West 77th Street
Edina, MN 55435
Fax: (952) 921-9295